Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hello and Matzo Ball Soup




So after months of not working, I started working again at this really cute studio called Hello. The work they produce is mainly print with some web design. I love their design style and they use lots of flourecent colors in their work, which is really refreshing :) The owner and all the girls I work with are German, so there's lots of German talk in the office. A lot of the clients we work with are either German or Swiss too. The office just moved from Soho to Chinatown, so I'm right in the middle of busy Chinatown (Canal St). I love the new location because it only takes me 20 min to get there from our apartment and the subway station I get off at is right on the corner of my office! Here's some photos of the office:

Storage Room and Library

Lunch/Client Meeting Area

Bosse's office on the right, (my desk right in front of her office)

My desk

View of busy Chinatown from our office

We've also had lots of visitors lately and have lots more on the way! The latest set were Twy and Schlo (pictures to come) and Mike's friend Todd and his GF Rya, from LA. Todd was the wonderfully entertaining MC at our wedding, for those of you who remember :) They all came just as the weather was starting to get warmer. Todd brought us to one of his favorite places to eat when he comes to NYC, Carnegie Deli. It was there that Mike and I had our first matzo ball soup, which was super duper yummy. We also had these delicious pickles and a huge open-faced corned beef Reuben.
Mmmm, matzo ball soup and pickles...

Todd and Rya

The next night Todd and Rya wanted to walk around the East Village. One of the places we brought them to was this fun, coin-operated, fast food joint on St. Mark's where you can get cheeseburgers, corn dogs, and other junk food from these hot pink vending machines.

I forgot to mention that the four of us also saw Les Miserables that weekend. It was the first time for both Rya and Mike and they both really enjoyed the show. Mike enjoyed it so much that he bought the soundtrack that night (Sat) and we've been listening to it non-stop for the past week(today is Sat, a week later)...so much that I want to throw it out the freakin window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home